Must-Read Blogger Tips

August 16, 2007

NOTE: I'm re-posting this one for the newbie bloggers and those who wanted to get into this blogging business.

==============

If you are planning to create a blog of your own or is just starting out as a blogger, then I would highly recommend that you read first the article entitled "27+1 Tips for Building and Maintaining a Blog Audience" by Sponsored Reviews.

It offers valuable tips on how to build and maintain your blog audience. It may look boring to read but I tell you, if you want to succeed and enjoy the opportunities blogging has to offer, then you better read it from top to bottom. Trust me, it's very informative and you would greatly benefit from it. I know this because I've been blogging for more than 5 years and if only I have this manual to guide me when I was just starting out, then I think I would have done better as a blogger.

First off, you got to read the FUNDAMENTALS. I know it is hard to create a blog that will be "the first" to discuss about a certain topic since there are already millions of blogs out there covering topics that you can think of but the trick that will make your blog stand out from the rest is the originality of the content, the design and the domain name of your blog. Always remember that you blog will reflect your thoughts and your feelings so be creative on how to present them so readers will find your blog posts worth reading and exciting.

In building your audience, I agree that consistency, interaction, grammar and post length is something that you should always keep in mind. If you have a comment box or a tag board then use it to interact with your readers. When they leave comments, take time to reply to them or visit their blogs as well. This will make your readers feel that they are important and appreciated. And also, make use of social bookmarks and tags such as digg and technorati. This will make your blog more visible in search engines.

And lastly, in keeping your audience, staying on top of blogging trends and new techniques is a must. Research and read to stay informed, be friendly, remain humble and most importantly don't act or pretend that you know everything. Adding some sense of humor (when applicable) on your blog posts would also help. Share pictures or videos. It will surely make your blog more interesting.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP